Friday, July 31, 2009

Praying for a Good Husband

I recently heard the news that our beloved former president Cory Aquino has passed away this morning. It was indeed sad news, last Thursday, one of my ate (big sister) in UPLB, Ate Cel Afuyog also passed away, both of them succumb to the complications of colon cancer.

Yesterday, I went to the Baclaran Redemptorist Church to offer a mass for the repose of the soul of Ate Cel. Not knowing that Tita Cory would soon join our Creator, it was at the Baclaran Redemptorist Church that I heard one of the last speeches of Tita Cory in thanksgiving for the anniversary of the EDSA Revolution. She had remained active in the fight against the current degradation of democracy due to blatant corruption by our officials. I remember Tita Cory's speech in Baclaran, she started by saying that when she was a young lady she would go to Baclaran Church, make her novena and pray for a good husband. Everyone applauded since God granted her prayers not only by giving her a good husband but a great hero that led her to become one of the most beloved presidents of this country.

I also did the same, after so much heartache, I turned to God and prayed for a good husband, but as of the moment, I still am not sure whether God will answer my prayers but whatever happens, I know that what I have is good and according to God's plan, of course, I trust God more than anything else and surely Ate Cel and Tita Cory are on their way to meet our Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment